Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) is a member of the World Bank Group, and our mission is to promote foreign direct investment into developing countries to help end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. We do that through the provision of political risk insurance and credit enhancement to investors and lenders against losses caused by non-commercial risks. For more information, visit www.miga.org.
MIGA’s Regional Office in Singapore (MIGAH) is currently recruiting a Program Assistant to provide administrative support to Asia Regional Teams based in Singapore. The Program Assistant will report to the Regional Head based in Singapore.
Duties and accountabilities:
• Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitor changes, and communicate the information to appropriate staff, including officials outside the Bank Group
• Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style
• Handle all logistics for meetings, workshops, and events for the regional offices, including sending invitations/announcements, food services, etc.
• Coordinate mission travel for staff into the region, in particular senior management missions, as well as general staff travel
• Coordinate conferences, including possible travel to arrange marketing materials, meeting space, etc.
• Assist in the preparation of background materials for meetings/events and in compiling and distributing the documents to relevant participants
• In-charge of general office management, including vendor payments, office inventories and assets, maintaining office filing and records, handling urgent mail delivery and courier services, and other needed administrative tasks.
• Processing vendor invoices, Purchase Orders, and staff reimbursements in the ePayables Portal
• Support the team in setting up client meetings and missions’ travel agendas
• Prepare presentation materials and produce complex texts, reports, figures, graphs, etc., including pipeline reports
• Contribute to the preparation of marketing materials for internal/external use, in particular PowerPoint presentations
• Establish and maintain lists of clients and business partners
• Under the guidance of the Regional Head and other senior staff, prepare a monthly report for business development activities, including retrieval, manipulation, and presentation of data.
• Gather and review information about companies that have applied for MIGA guarantees
• Work with a high level of discretion and diplomacy in setting and managing priorities and workflow in an efficient and organized manner
• Serve as MIGAH’s Leave and Attendance Record System (LARS) coordinator.
• Serving as MIGAH’s coordinator with local HR representatives on HR matters, including follow-up actions on staff and family visa extensions and expirations, IOIC and UNLP, local employment permits and exemptions, etc.
• Perform ad hoc duties as may be assigned, including back-up to other colleagues when needed.
• A minimum qualification of a high school diploma and at least 7 years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, be eager to learn, responsive to client’s needs, willing to work as an integral part of the team and promote and maintain harmonious working relations.
• Knowledge and understanding of Bank Group administrative and operational policies and procedures to ensure overall quality of outputs.
• Excellent information technology skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and willingness to learn new programs and applications as needed.
• Strong English language skills (verbal and written), including ability to draft a variety of correspondence and edit materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
• Desire to actively contribute to the unit’s objectives. High level of commitment, reliability, motivation, initiative, and willingness to help others
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time pressure
• Experience in event planning and organization.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.