||3 years 0 months
||Washington, DC,United States
||12/9/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
MIGA promotes cross-border investment in developing countries by providing guarantees (political risk insurance and credit enhancement) to investors and lenders.
The CAO’s mandate is to assist the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)—the private sector lending and insurance arms of the World Bank Group—to address complaints from people affected by IFC and MIGA activities in a manner that is fair, objective, and constructive and to enhance the E&S outcomes of activities in which these institutions play a role.
One of CAO’s strategic priorities for the next three years is to improve resource management by strengthening resource planning, monitoring, and efficiency in CAO’s work processes. To achieve such objectives, CAO requires the support of a program assistant to support its advisory, communications and front office functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Ensure consistent application and coordination of administrative activities across CAO.
• Draft and maintain administrative procedures specific to CAO operations.
• Coordinate back-ups for program assistants supporting CAO functions.
Human Resources Administration:
• Assist in the planning and implementation of CAO staff recruitment processes. Serve as main contact point for CAO recruitments and human resources administration.
• Serve as on-boarding coordinator by ensuring new CAO employees have proper tools to perform their job, have customized on-boarding plans and are properly integrated into their respective teams.
• Support the front office, advisory and communication functions in the planning and implementation of staff recruitments.
Procurement and financial Management:
• Support the functions in the planning and monitoring of budget resources.
• Support CAO staff in the procurement of short-term consultants (STC) and consulting services firms.
• Serve as P-card holder for program-specific related expenses and ensure proper accounting and reconciliation of P-card expenses.
Communications and Correspondence:
• Support in the transmittal of CAO reports and publications.
• Manage editing and translation requests for CAO reports and publications.
• Provide travel logistical support to CAO personnel and external consultants.
• Prepare correspondence for the transmittal of CAO reports and publications.
• Support CAO personnel in arranging meetings and logistics related to CAO-led events.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Economics, Development Studies or other relevant discipline and 8 or more years of relevant professional experience in administration.
• Excellent applied project management skills – ability to plan initiatives with detailed milestones, expected timelines and budgets.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to independently prioritize and multi-task. Flexibility in own schedule to accommodate unexpected work demands.
• Ability to prioritize, work well under pressure, and capably handle/juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
• Basic quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis skills.
• Basic financial planning abilities.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills. Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
• Proactive attitude and adaptability as well as ability to anticipate and resolve issues.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative, seeking guidance when necessary, from senior team members.
• Professional demeanor and high level of discretion and judgement in handling sensitive and confidential matters
• Commitment and motivation with ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
• Advanced user skills of standard computer applications and proficiency in MS Office tools (including Words, Excel, Power Point and Remote Work tools and apps). Willingness and facility to learn new programs and applications as needed.
• Fluency and/or proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.